Developing the first site for mountain bike and trials riding in the Île-de-France region
ECT opened the new site, in the Yvelines département and more specifically in the commune of Epône, on 15 June. The site upcycles inert soils from construction works in the west of the Île-de-France region, and it will include the first mountain bike and trials riding venue in the Île-de-France.
A quick introduction to the two sports :
- ‘Trials riding’ is done with a special bike that makes it possible to tackle a series of different obstacles without setting foot on the ground.
- Mountain biking, which is better known, consists of learning to handle a bicycle on rough ground from an early age.
A sports development in the Yvelines département
This stadium project has been “eco-designed” in conjunction with the club ‘Off Road Cycliste d’Epône’ (ORC Epône) and the Epône town council. The aim was to reconfigure the sports facility to provide the club with new technical zones and obstacles so as to give more variety to their training, increase their experience and enhance their performance in competitions.
Reshaping the site involves providing soil, making it possible to extend the mountain bike and trials riding area by nearly 5 acres. The development is fully financed by upcycling the soil.
The project will create a number of different zones. There will be technical zones with workout installations, ‘pump track’ and rock garden zones, and tracks with moguls and bends.
The project in figures
- Project start date: June 2020
- Duration of works: 4 months
- 4.7 acres of training and competition terrain
- 150 m² of rock garden, 300 m² of trials zone, and 2 pump track zones of 300 m²