Creation of a nature park for landscape and leisure
In the commune of Plaisir, in the area known as “Côte d’Elancourt”, the proposed project for the former sand quarry is to rehabilitate the site and make a new park that will be open to the public.
The project is to create a park that will meet needs in terms of environment, landscaping and sports and which will give the region some new countryside.
A landscaping ambition to promote biodiversity
The project has multiple goals, because of the special features of the site and its location. These are:
- To transform this derelict site into a natural space in such a way as to integrate it perfectly with its environment and to promote local biodiversity
- To design relaxation and leisure areas conducive to outdoor activities
- To create physical continuity so as to link the site to neighbouring natural environments and biodiversity
- To put in place a 30-year environmental management plan for the park
Sports and leisure spaces for a park open to the public
ECT, working with the local authority, plans for there to be a range of spaces for open-air activities:
- An area for mountain-biking and trials riding
- A multisports area or ‘game court’
- An area specifically for basketball
- A children’s play area
- Family gardens
- A pétanque terrain (pitch for the game of boules)
- A climbing wall
- A fitness trail with workout installations set up along a route.
The re-use of inert soil will be the basis for this development project, and it will also fund the facilities.
The project in figures:
- Duration of the project: 3 years
- Development work with provision of soil: 2 years
- Volume of soil: 522,000 m3
- Area to be developed: 10.79 hectares (26.6 acres)